Friday, June 27, 2008

The REAL reason I love my husband so much...

The day I knew I loved my husband was not after a romantic date. It was not after he bought me an extravagant gift, or after our first kiss. The day I knew I loved my husband was the day that I walked in on him doing his math homework. I stood watching just long enough to hear him talking his way through one of the problems using a particular voice EXACTLY like I had always used when I did my math homework. That was the beginning of many similar quirks that made us perfect for each other- which brings me to last night...
So, I went out on a quick errand and realized that I had gotten to the store without my debit card (something that Kyle does often, and I usually give him a hard time for). I called him and asked if he could bring it to me to save some time. He (having empathy) gladdly met me with my card. Ten minutes later, Kyle calls to tell me he managed to lock himself out of the house and would need me to hurry home so I could let him in. I grabbed the last of what I needed and checked out. On my way to the car I started thinking I hadn't seen my keys and couldn't remember where they were. By the time I got to my car I was certain they were locked inside. Thinking Kyle would be a bit annoyed but still he has nothing better to do anyway I called him and asked him to bring me the spare key... which I really thought was a great plan until he reminded me that the spare key was inside the house and he was still sitting outside - completely locked out. This is when it occurs to me the REAL reason that I love my husband... only he could understand how we could get ourselves into a situation like this- he, locked out of the house, and I, locked out of my car. He has the spare to my car inside the locked house. I have the spare to the house inside my locked car. So anyway, after a lot of laughter (mostly from me) and a little panic (mostly from him), I finally asked if he knew where his second set of house keys were. After a minute of thinking he finally looked in the console of his car and realized he had had the keys to the house the whole time... he still had to meet me with my spare car keys, but considering how close we came to a hopeless scenario, I think everything worked out perfectly. And it makes for a great story to blog about. :)

10 comments:

Rechelle said...

okay - I am still laughing! That was freakin hilarious!!!

Daynes Family said...

You guys are hilarious!! Definitely meant to be!

Sarah Lee said...

I thought I left a comment on this one but, I guess not :)

That story is so funny! I'm ususally the one in our relationship to do all of the locking myself out. Rod doesn't seem to do that stuff. So, I'm glad that you have someone that shares your pain :)

Lara said...

that is too funny! those moments are worth remembering!

Stephanie said...

That is to funny!! Love the story. I'm usually the one locking us out and Cory is ALWAYS telling me to make spare keys but I never do!! One day I'll learn.

Melissa said...

Too funny!!! It sounds like we are on the same page, though. I think you bailed me out of a couple of locked in scenarios.

Beeswax said...

unbelievable. And of course, all the kids are being drug around town, as well, I'm sure! On sunday Jake missed his early meetings because he couldn't find his car key, and his church bag was locked in the car. Finally, he decided they must be IN the car, so he called AAA. They came and as they were breaking in, Jake walks around the back of the car and sees the key, sticking out of the trunk. It had been there, in the driveway, while we were out of town for three days. Lovely.

The Summerhays Crew said...

Cute blog! I was looking at Amy's and decided to check yours out too. That story is totally hilarious. It totally reminds me of something Cory and I would do. Ha, anyways hope all is well.

-Jessica

Jera Farnsworth said...

so i was laughing so hard that justin came over and asked what is so funny! you guys kind of remind me of my parents. it was always a laugh! we found ourselves in many simalar predicaments. i seriously have enough stories to fill a book, but it would be classified as fiction b/c no one would believe it all happened and to one family!!! heehee (i call it the george curse and it has followed me a bit!) --my mom doesn't like that i call it that!! heehee

Anonymous said...

Hiliarous! Needed a good laugh today!