Sunday, June 22, 2008

June what?

Wow this summer is flying by. I really can't believe June is almost over already. School starts so early in August that it's really just over one month before we're back into school schedules.
I have been so pleasantly surprised by how smooth this summer has gone. Right off the start I knew I was going to need a plan, so I started by giving myself something to look forward to each day and signed up for the gym. Kyle got inspired by this and decided to join me, so now we meet up 3 to 4 times a week for a good, hard core workout. I must admit- it has been way too long and I could not have needed this anymore. In addition to that, I made up the official "chore chart". Yes, I now have Ethan helping me with anything and everything that I don't want to do (ie. toilets, floorboards, windows, etc...). He has done so well with this reward system I took from my cousin- he does 8 "chores" a day which earns him beans in a jar which will earn him $10.00 when it's full. It's taking a lot longer than I thought to fill it- which amounts to less than $.10 a day at this point- I am obviously also applying the life long motto, "Over worked and under paid". Poor kid. We have managed to squeeze in a little fun so I'm pretty sure he's not miserable. Truth be told, the kids are up at 7:00am, chores are done by 9:00am and then we play the entire day- it really is a good life (for all of us)!

This was a pretty cool summer day- our neighbor who is a firefighter, hooked up a huge fire hose to the hydrgen and connected it to this cool fireman trailer. It was actually a game to spray the water into the holes in the trailer. When the buckets inside the trailer were full, the sirens and sprinklers would go off and the other side would get drenched. Pretty fun! Licity lasted about a minute and then was back inside in her favorite spot- in front of the TV. She really likes to wear the swimming suit, prance around and pretend she's going to get wet, but she is definitely the one watching from the sidelines. I put her in swimming lessons for the second year- which worked well- except that she refuses to actually swim now.




I just love Maci's smile- she seems to smile with everything she's got- and the dimples are awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chores done by nine!? I'm lucky if we are up and fed by nine! I definitely win the slacker mom award!

Sarah Lee said...

Very fun Kate! I am jealous that you and Kyle are meeting at the gym. That is awesome. Good for you!

I love the pictures. Maci's pictures remind me a lot of your baby pictures. What a cutie!

Jera Farnsworth said...

i love the fire truck! summer really has been a lot more fun than i thought, i hope justin isn't too sad to go back to school!!!

Stephanie said...

I hear ya about June what!! Time is flying by WAY to fast! That is great that Ethan is helping with chores. I can't wait for my kids to get a couple years older so I can add some things to their list. Your kids are adorable - of course! Enjoy your summer days.

Lara said...

cute header! and maci is almost 1!!! wow time flies. it just seems like yesterday that i met you at the football game and you were expecting.