Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Seriously?

Alright, I know this is getting old to hear about (especially for me), but this really is my life... constantly. I promise I'm not a completely careless mom (yes a little bit, but not completely), but seriously, I should be able to turn my back every once in a while, right?

Apparently not.



Common questions some may ask:

1) Blue paint?

- Yes, royal blue (permanent) paint that I usually hide in the preschool closet, but had just taken out about 10 minutes earlier for a project.


2) Where were you?

- I was happily listening from downstairs to my two girls playing so well together.


3) How much damage was done?

- A very large stain on the carpet (luckily only upstairs), a permanent hand print on the preschool rug, 1 white shirt of Kyle's gone, one very cute outfit of Licity's gone, one not so cute outfit of Maci's gone, a bit of blue smudges on the new leather couches and a few blue specks on every other wall in the house, oh yeah, and that cute white dress Maci wore for her 10 month pictures, yes that too has blue on it...other than that, not so bad. :(


4) How did you manage to take pictures?

- Even I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw poor little Maci. She was completely thrilled with all the attention.


5) How did you get it off?

- A couple extra rinses and a little more scrubbing and it wasn't too bad- although, they both have a bit of a blue tint to them and my tub has a permanent blue ring.


Really, I should have seen this coming. Licity's has been into painting herself lately but up until now it's only been with food. A couple weeks ago I found both her and Maci completely covered in ranch dressing (hands, arms and face) and then last week Licity had painted herself with applesauce (I could see this becoming a pattern, so I took a picture of that one).

All I can say is, what a wonderfully creative child I have and I feel so lucky to be her mommy!!(That sounded sincere, right?)

9 comments:

Rechelle said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! I LOVE IT! That one seriously made me giggle too! I can only imagine the mess!

tiffany knox said...

I , of all people, can definately appreciate this post! I am so glad you got pictures. those will be great for future reference.
How are you doing? anything new?

Sarah Lee said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!WOW! Maybe it wasn't Licity. Maybe Maci did it and blamed it on Licity. :)

It is good that you were calm enough to take the pictures. They are classic! It will be so fun to show them when they are older and their kids are doing the same thing.

Daynes Family said...

Wow Licity, very creative!! Maybe she will be the artist in the family! You are a good Mom, I would have lost it!

Melissa said...

So your girls definitely need to join the blue man group. I have come to the realization that as long as I have little kids, nothing with be nice, new, or clean for very long.

Lara said...

I about fell off my chair, and totally laughed out loud. It just makes all of us moms feel better that we are not the only ones! Hope you guys are doing well. and kate, girl...you look FABULOUS in that last post!

Anonymous said...

Kate

I cannot believe I have found you. You and your family are beautiful. Just thought about you today and thought hmmmm maybe if I google her I can see what you are up to. Craziness...please email me I would love to chat about our lives and whatever.
Hope you are well
Tell Kyle I say hello

Talk soon
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.