Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't mind me...

I was so personally inspired after watching this last General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints that I wanted to make sure I posted something to remember it by. (http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-851,00.html)
It's so easy for my life to fall into auto mode. I have an incredible life and really feel like I have been given so many blessings already. But then after hearing some of these messages, I'm reminded that there are so many things that I could be doing differently that would make my life even more enriched. I, like many of my family and friends, have this amazing opportunity to be counseled by the most incredible leaders of the church who always seem to have such a simple yet profound message for me. There were two talks in particular. The first was by Elder Holland who talked about some misconceptions on the Mormon beliefs. He pointed out that so many other religions seem to dispute whether or not it is possible for Heavenly Father to speak to us today. My ears perked up when I heard this because it seems like this particular topic has come up for me and I never seem to have the right words even though I believe with all of my heart that we have a prophet today. In such a humble and simple manner he taught how it is possible and how wonderful it is to have a prophet speak to us today. http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-30,00.html
The other talk that spoke literally to me was by Elder Ballard. He spoke about being a daughter of God. He gave so many inspiring words on mothers and the sacrifices we are making to be mothers. His words were so touching and really showed me that what I am doing here in my life at this time is such a privilege. I just need to slow down and enjoy it. http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-851-37,00.html

So, like I said, this is my reminder, so when life goes into auto mode again (like it is sure to do), it might not take me so long to regroup, slow down and remember that Heavenly Father is still by my side, willing to help at any time.
If there is anyone who may wonder about the Mormon faith, this web link is perfect for answering questions: http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/

3 comments:

KOCHERHANS said...

Kate - its Tara Kocherhans...I ran into your blog and I don't even remember how, but Anne was so excited when I showed her. She still thinks that when she starts school in August she is going back to your house - in for a rude awakening I'm afraid. I can't believe how big and grown up Licity looks - and your baby....what happened....she was just inside of you as you walked around the zoo just days before she made her big debut -was it really almost a year ago - crazy. Glad to see you are still doing preschool - we loved it.

Sarah Lee said...

What a good idea to post those talks. It is always a good reminder of why we are here.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I love your blog! Hope you don't mind that I came across it and started reading! Ours is keepingupwiththemowers.blogspot.com if you ever want to check it out!