Thursday, April 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

No it's not actually my birthday- but, I certainly celebrated like it was! Kyle was the one who turned 30 last Saturday so for his birthday I planned a surprise trip to California. We had a blast (I had a blast!)!! I wanted to make sure we had plans for each day so I made an agenda and we actually stuck to it. It was such a great trip and more than anything, it was awesome spending time together as a family.


Friday we spent the day at the beach. Maci had no fear- she loved the water! And Ethan and Licity could have stayed forever- or until the food ran out. It was the perfect beach weather!


Saturday we woke up and went on this pretty cool hike- the kids especially loved the snakes that were everywhere.


Saturday night Kyle and I went to see Wicked (the original birthday gift to Kyle and the reason we came to California). I loved it! Oh and I think Kyle liked it too- I'm kidding, he actually liked it a lot. It was hilarious and the music was just so fun- it was magical.

P.S. Not the best pictures- but I insisted on a picture for memories sake, so after taking a few of ourselves, we finally just asked some guy in the parking lot.


Then On Sunday we relaxed with our wonderful hosts, the Nelson's.


Monday was the big day- DISNEYLAND!! I was more excited for this than anything else. Sadly, I may have been just a tad bit disappointed (based on our last time at Disneyland, my expectations might have been a little too high), but overall it was definitely still worth it. It was just really exhausting and poor Licity heard "No." a lot that day- she tends to wander a bit. Lucky for us we met Sarah and her family there which made it even more exciting to have cousins with us, not to mention it was a beautiful day and there were hardly any lines for anything. My lessons learned are: It's never worth parking at Disneyland- get a cheap room within walking distance; if you want to do roller-coasters make sure everyone is 40in. (Licity threw fits every time Kyle and Ethan would leave her behind; check the times on the shows- we missed both the Fantasy Faire (princesses) and the Jedi Training (bummer!). Besides those things- it really was super fun day. I almost think that had we planned for a second day at Disneyland it would have been a lot better and probably would have solved a lot of the other problems- well, except Licity and her wandering (there's not much you can do about that).
Licity was so thrilled to meet Little Mermaid- she had no problem singing her favorite "Ah, Ah, Ah..." song to Ariel.
It's one o'clock and this is Maci's first nap.


It was just one ride too many...Both girls completely broke down at the end of the night and ended up passing out on my lap together.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Your pictures are great! We had a blast with you guys... it is a little too quiet here with out you. You are welcome to come anytime. See you in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the fruit salsa recipe... everyone loved it.

Sarah Lee said...

So where is the picture of me???? Just kidding.

Your family pictures turned out great. I'm glad that we were able to see you guys! I think that we will only do one or two days in Disneyland next time. 5 was a little too much.

Daynes Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm jealous I missed Disneyland w/you and Sarah...that would have been fun. Glad to hear the trip was a success!

tiffany knox said...

you are so photogenic kate!
Im glad you had fun. if you feel inspired to go to california again soon we are moving about ten minutes away from disneyland this week. I know, the Knox's are always full of surprises!

Jera Farnsworth said...

ahhh the best birthday presents are the ones everyone can enjoy! i love disneyland! and Wicked is awesome! that sounds like the perfect week. (beach, friends, disneyland, wicked...etc) And of course Happy Birthday Kyle -& Kate:)hee hee