Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where should I start?

It's been a while and it seems that I've missed out on some fun updates- so, let's see...

LAS VEGAS!

I really thought I wouldn't be back to see Las Vegas for a while, but as luck would have it, just three months after my last visit, 5 of my sisters were able to throw together a last minute weekend retreat. For me, the timing could not have been better. I had a great one-night get-away with Kyle for our anniversary earlier that month, but really it just wasn't long enough. So, Kyle got left behind to take care of the kids while I went and spent THREE WHOLE DAYS RELAXING!! Not even the extra 2 1/2 hours we spent in the car to get there (because of bad directions and perhaps a bit too much talking) bothered me. We did pedicures, dining out, lounging at the day spa, laying by the pool, "site seeing", shopping and a lot more dining out. One of the highlights was a show Kim found called The Mac King Show- it was so much fun, definitely a must see if ever your in the area. I'm waiting on some fun pictures to go with the post- I'll update when I get them. I do have a few funny pictures that I found on the camera when I got home: apparently Kyle did just fine without me (although he claims it was harder than he had expected- and I'm probably not allowed to do that again for a while.)

This great idea was one that I might not have approved of at first, but turned out to be a lot of fun. (As a result we did end up with one broken leg on our poor little cousin Taci, but now that she has a hot pink cast with rhinestones I think we've been forgiven.)
These pictures were taken at at 10pm when I guess Licity "couldn't sleep".

LICITY TURNS 4!!


Happy late birthday Licity! She got her first real birthday party with all of her little friends. We did the luau theme and had all the kids wear their swimming suits. It turned out a little crazy and a whole lot of fun!

Here are some of the shots I attempted:

Licity and Maci on her birthday:

Party pictures:

5 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

You've been busy Kate! Licity is such a cutie. I love the pictures of her and Kyle up past her bedtime. I love the "Sisters" picture too. I was wondering how you did her cute invitations.. I love them.

Daynes Family said...

Happy birthday Licity! Can't believe she is already a big four yr old! Darling pics Kate...I love the ones of your girls. Looks like she had a fun birthday party!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Licity. Maybe one day our cute girls can meet each other!! What a fun get-a-away and with sisters - I'm jealous of that :o) Loved all the pictures.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Lis! Sounds like you have been busy... I think a phone call is in order...

Cool-Kenna said...

HAPPY BIRTDAY