Sunday, July 27, 2008

Surviving...

It's been a long week for Licity (aka: ME!). She is doing better and again it's to be expected but she has had a terrible time recovering. There is not much I can do for her. She feels lousy and the only thing that seems to help is to hold her (preferably while standing up). I have kept her home all week and have realized that that life just doesn't work for me. I got stir-crazy and tried going to the mall thinking she could just ride in the double stroller with Maci. It worked just long enough to get what I "needed" but by the time I left I was pushing a non-turning double stroller while holding Licity, balancing a cup of very messy pink sherbet and trying to hush a very mad Maci who was smelling a little funny. I'm thinking that I can go a little longer before trying that again. Anyway, she does seem to have turned a new corner just today and is eating really well so maybe next week won't be quite so rough.

3 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Licity! I'm glad she's feeling better for you sanity Kate :) I felt your pain with that mall story.

Stephanie said...

Oh poor little girl and Kate!! I totally feel for ya! We did the adnoids/tubes in the ears surgery and yesterday Davis woke up w/a crusted ear....argh!!! We are headed to the dr AGAIN today. Hopefully you are headed to a much better week!!

Daynes Family said...

Oh Kate, sorry it's been such a tough recovery for Licity. Hang in there, hopefully next week will be a little better.