Thursday, September 6, 2007

Schools in Session

I am totally loving school!! I really don't think it's because of my kids being out of the house (but yes, that's an added bonus). I just love how much I see my kids growing already and I can't take the credit... which seems like a down side but it really just eases my burden of being the only one invested in their well-being.
Ethan is at Noah Webster this year. I've always been excited about that, but never really knew what that entailed. Now I'm seeing how hard they push those kids, and luckily, Ethan is eating it up. He insists on doing everything right and loves when I tell him how smart he is now that he's in Kindergarten. What I would have done (if I had a working camera) is posted a picture of Ethan's first spelling test- not a 100% but pretty close and I am definitely a proud mama!

Licity tested in for the Amancer Program through the Gilbert School District. I knew she wasn't talking as much as Ethan and thought she might not be comprehending as well as she should by this age, so I took her in for an evaluation. She is now enrolled for a free, 5 day a week, with door-to-door bus service at the elementary preschool that is right in our neighborhood. I can't say for sure how she's doing in class, but she loves getting on the bus in the morning and is as happy as can be when she gets home. I'm just feeling really blessed with how everything has worked out this year.

2 comments:

Sarah Lee said...

Kate, can you believe that you have 2 in school? Such beautiful grown-up kids. Is there any way I could have Ryan go to school with Licity?

Lara said...

so fun! I can't believe how big they are! Maybe this will give you some needed r & r with that new baby!