Monday, October 1, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Well I didn't quite get this done on Friday so really it's flashback Monday-- I heard someone else using this idea and thought it sounded fun. I'm going to start way back to the days when Kyle and I first met... It's been 8 years since I first saw him giving his talk in Sacrament meeting in the MCC 2nd Single Ward. I can't say love at first site because that's just cheesy, but I knew for sure this was a guy that I wanted to meet. A friend of mine introduced me to him... and his girlfriend, who was in town visiting. Fortunately, a couple weeks later, we were both running late and bumped into each other again in the parking lot (without the girlfriend). We started talking and there were definitely sparks -- until he went on to go sit with all his friends while I stood there alone... Anyway, I persisted and invited him to a "family home evening" that night-- which he stood me up... and again, I invited him to play soccer the following week-- which he failed to return my phone call -- until finally he did call. We talked all night long and I decided that I would try again to invite him out on a double date that my roommate and I had just planned. A couple nights later we went out and had a great time. He called first thing the next morning but then I didn't hear from him for 2 weeks! I was totally confused but I knew we had so much fun when we got together so I thought, "Okay, one more time." I had been given tickets to the circus and knew he was the only one I wanted to go with. After canceling a few of his own plans we met up and went on the most amazing date- we laughed, we flirted, we talked and we had our very first kiss... The rest is history. He proposed 6 months later and we were married four months after that on August 4th, 2000. I finally found out that there was a very good reason for his hesitation and it just showed me more of why he was such a great catch... and besides, 7 years of marriage and three kids later- I think everything worked out perfectly.

No comments: